Thursday, November 22, 2007

My Little Man

We had a very loving Thanksgiving. All morning my children helped me to cook our turkey and side dishes. Both of them peeled potatoes and ran empty packages and such to the trash. My daughter helped me fold laundry and my son helped wash dishes. Best of all they were very well behaved when we put all the food away without eating a bite in order to visit a friend's home and eat there. We brought our share of the meal: sweet potatoes and a pumpkin roll. At dinner our friends asked who would like to say grace and my son raised his hand high and was very eager. Even better our hostess looked at my son, Anthony, and said all right make sure you say it really loud so everyone can hear. Anthony very proudly nodded his head and then said in a rather loud but mumbly voice the family prayer we recite at every meal. I think that every one was floored that he wanted to lead the prayer let alone rattled a prayer off so fast that our hostess couldn't even mention what she was thankful for. She got a word in edgewise after the 'amen' and quickly added "and thank you for everyone being together." I was so proud of my little man for raising his hand up and confidently sharing his prayer with the group. He really enjoys his faith formation classes every Sunday morning after Mass. He insists we pray all the prayers he is learning each night and brings his prayer book and bible to class to show off. He does the same thing at school though and brought a "Thanksgiving" storybook to school to share with his teacher. She even read it to the class.

Shanee has been ill. Her asthma really did a number on her yesterday so I have her on prescription medications again. She has to restrict her activity which she doesn't like. I keep her inside when asthma bothers her and only allow her to play quietly, watch tv, and read books. This is not easy for kids but especially for Shanee who loves to run, swing, ride bike, and play. She really takes to the challenge though and finds new books to read and catches up on tv time as I rarely let the kiddos watch television. She is doing very well in school and still has all B's and A's. I watch her homework and she is really doing well. Her teacher called me and my little girl is going to be singing a solo in the Christmas Concert Dec. 4th. Her character is Senorita Bonita the spanish teacher who has Santa Claus and the elves attending her school. I'm looking forward to the concert and am helping her learn her lines and solo. She will make her first communion this year and has been learning her catechism. Just two weeks ago she had to memorize the names of the books in the Torah and Gospels. She is also a champ at the ten commandments- heck I didn't even remember them all in order. Helping Shanee learn them was fun they set the commandments to a kid song. What else? Oh two of her fish died this week. I changed the water in the tank and they went into shock. Her two goldfish made it but the minnows couldn't handle it. So we'll have to buy her a couple more fish again soon.

So to wrap up we have a lot to be thankful for a great day and some many little blessings that are shared each and every day. God Bless!

No comments: