Friday, May 21, 2010

The Principal's Office...

The school year is almost over! Yahoo! A terrible thing happened today... I was called into the PRINCIPAL'S OFFICE. Of course the principal is my boss so that isn't the tragedy my nerves imagined. By the way, I hate meeting with the boss under 'formal' conditions, even worse is asking for something that I want. So instead of getting raked over the coals (I'm a good teacher and have nothing to worry about) I was presented with several compliments about how I was a great fit- yada, yada, yada, and then was offered a new teaching position in the building. A position I never would have asked for nor desired to teach if left to my own devices. What is it? Teaching a class called Read 180. Well the idea didn't make me want to run for the hills- so I accepted. Truthfully, the challenge of a new curriculum will be a good thing. So I reserve judgment and will do my best to see it through. Then after the fat lady sings (one year later) then I'll know if I should have found out how fast I can summit a mountain.

No comments: